Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Jason Cajun

Long overdue an a recipe.



This is my friend Jason:


He is one of those people that is just a great cook. And person:) He also likes to entertain people. Not that he will dance for money (I'm lying he will), but he likes people to come over and have a good time.


This particular day Jeff and I were sitting around thinking about dinner. Getting ready to start cooking something, when Jason called and said he had burgers. So off we went.


When we arrived these were in the oven.



13 burgers for 5 people (Danny and Alton were also there). I like those odds.


These were on the oven.


I went with sesame seed.


And Sweet & Spicy.



Great toppings. The tomato fit the bun and perfectly grilled onion was plentiful. Little mayo and mustard and I was ready to add burger.

Along with some fries and butter soaked corn and it's a complete meal.

The Jason Cajun was a very well executed burger. Look how nicely everything fits.

The Cajun spice worked well with the meat and toppings. The sweet onion still had some crunch and buttery flavor. The meat was perfect. Flavorful and juicy without being greasy.

So how is it made?

3lb Ground Beef 70% fat variety

1 cup bread crumbs

2Tbsp garlic powder

1/2 bottle Cajun seasoning

Form into 13ish patties and cook.

I imaging cooking method can vary and still be successful but the baking allowed all of them to cook at the same time and cook off the excess grease.

Overall very good meal. We all drank, ate, drank, and we were merry.

I look forward to blogging more of your burgers soon.

No comments: