Monday, June 23, 2008

English 2 - Turkey Burger

I had been thinking that I need to cut my beef intake. So I thought a great inaugural Turkey Burger would be the big version of the LGB I had at English. Again with the wrongness. And again of feeling as if I got a bad one. So let's begin.


I love the packaging.

I came in and ordered. Then sat right at the bar waiting. There seemed little to no way to mix up my order with the 3 other people in there for lunch.


I was so excited to get back to the office and enjoy.



Good fries with a hint of garlic. Bit soggy from the walk but still good. And while it looks like a good plug of goat cheese mushroom paste, it was not.

Panini press working overtime today.

There is not much positive to say about this. The goat cheese mushroom blend that was so great on the LGB, was a bit dry here. The mushroom was lost under the cheese. And the cheese, while plentiful, was dry. I was actually sad about this burger.

I know turkey is not juicy like beef, but dry. And where are my shrooms? Come on!

And back to bad toppings.

I don't want that piece of tomato with the belly button no matter how bad the shortage.

Disappointing. Just plain disappointing. The LGB showed such promise I was sure this would be my new favorite turkey burger. I just knew I would be buying goat cheese mushroom paste by itself. But this was a huge letdown.

Back to it being a bad one. The turkey was flavored well but cooked too long. I could have overlooked that if the cheese was not dry and the mushroom was plentiful. I doubt this burger fails on all levels every day. But it did today.

The truth is I will be back. It's close to my job and has a good beer selection. The truth is I will have this burger again. My friend Julie is about to work across the street. But I will have the LGB or Fish and Chips next time.

English

444 N Lasalle St

Chicago, IL 60610

(312) 222-6200

No comments: